Monday, July 12, 2010

Our Past Homes

Today I wish to pay tribute to all of our homes from the past as well as the one we have now.
We have been blessed to live in 4 different abodes since the day we were married, and even though we haven't owned any of them, we still feel a special attachment to each and every one.
For some I have pictures, and others I don't.  But I'd like to say a few words about every one.

Our First Home: University Courtyard #602

While this little place was more of a corridor than an apartment, we grew to love it...for this was our very first home, and it was the place where we experienced everything for the first time.
Here is our first Christmas complete with a borrowed tree from my mother:
Here is our small kitchen (notice the door to our bedroom):
Our living room (connected to the kitchen):
Here is me on my first birthday here (I was also six months pregnant):
 And here is my Patrick studying his scriptures:
Special Memories:
*Starting our life together
*Family Prayers, scripture studies, and family home evenings just the two of us
*Using our camp chairs before we bought our love seat
*Cleaning just a little bit of house
*Finding out we were expecting Easton
*Morning sickness...though I'm not so sure how special that was
*Bringing fast food take out home every night when I couldn't cook
*Playing my old computer games together while eating one of the only things I could stomach--Doritos
*Nice walls, countertops, and carpet
*Cuddling during movies
*A few special dates planned by Patrick and some of the other husbands in our apartment complex
*Finding out Easton was a boy!
*Being so close to campus...and especially my Hinckley building
*A special Valentine's surprise from Patrick (I followed the kisses to the bathtub where roses and a bear were awaiting me)
*Little quarrels that always seemed to strengthen us in the end
*Missing school to make Patrick a birthday surprise...it's okay that I missed my participation points for that day...it was worth it!

We moved away the day Easton was born.  And though we were sad, we were excited to start a new chapter of our lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails